I am so happy and grateful to have been nominated for the Liebster award by acleggtravel at http://acleggabroad.wordpress.com/2014/11/15/liebster-award/ , thank you so much!
The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. The award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize and discover upcoming talent.
There are some rules involved with this award:
•You must link back to the person who nominated you (but cannot nominate them)
•You must answer the 10 questions given to the nominee before you.
•You must select 10 blogs with under 200 followers to answer your 10 questions.
Here are my questions (& answers) from acleggtravel:
1) Favorite Airline? I love planes and everything about them so this is important!
I have to say Emirates! On my round the world trip last year we used Emirates for most flights and they were fabulous! The planes were spacious and comfy and the service was great, not to mention their sassy uniforms!
2) Best travel novel you’ve ever read and why?
The best travel novel I have read is Into the wild by Jon Krakauer. Being a true story it’s so touching and raw, I love the concept of him being from a wealthy upper class family but needing something deeper and more meaningful in his life. So he burns all his money and heads off to Alaska, his life long dream of being on the road. Although his decisions can be looked upon as reckless and radical, the book is extremely gripping and portrays the complex character wonderfully.
3) Best travel quote that you’ve HEARD! Not read. If you haven’t heard any good ones, come up with your own!
One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure its worth watching
4) Favorite meal from around the world?
Oooh this is a tough one! I absolutely love Spanish paella, but I think it would have to be tradition Thai curries, the masaman in particular.
5) Of all the places you’ve been, where would you most want to go back?
All of them! But if I had to choose one, New Zealand. Which is why I’m going back next month.
6) You’re sitting on a beach reading a novel with a drink in your hand. What is the drink?
Depends if it’s after 12pm, right? But my day time tipple would have to be an ice-cold gin and tonic with a slice of fresh lime.
7) Worst travel experience?
Hmmm, when fruit picking in Australia we came across this farm in Mildura. The owner of the farm was renowned for ripping backpackers off and had been on the news and slammed as ‘Australia’s worst boss’. He wasn’t a nice guy at all and we had a lucky escape. Some other backpackers weren’t so lucky and had been tied into getting paid not even enough to pay his rent prices.
8) Best travel experience! Either a moment or a trip overall.
Wow, its hard to pick one. But I’d have to say diving in Borneo on Mabul island and seeing giant turtles in front of us was a huge highlight!
9) Why do you travel?
I travel because its my passion. Seeing new countries, exploring new cultures, indulging in new cuisine and meeting life long friends. It just doesn’t get better than that. The world is so accessible now, so easy to get to the other side of the world and experience so much more in life. I believe everyone should do it! Chase your passion, not your pension!
10) If you could be anywhere else right now, where would you be?
Sipping a bud on camp cove beach in Sydney watching the mesmerizing sunset over the city harbour…bliss!
My questions for my nominees…
1. If you could live in another country where would you choose and why?
2. Would you rather skydive or bungee jump?
3. Choose your favourite travel photo and explain where it is
4. What is your favourite time of day?
5. What song reminds you of travelling and why?
6. Your best travel experience?
7. Your worst travel experience?
8. The one country you would recommend everyone to visit?
9. Where did you witness the most breath-taking sunset?
10. What is your dream job?
My nominees are;
Thank you, congrats & good luck!